Red Bank, NJ And Marlton, NJ Pregnancy Discrimination Attorneys
Pregnancy discrimination is a form of employment discrimination. Employers are not permitted to discriminate against employees on the basis of their pregnancy as it relates to hiring, employment, benefits, training, promotions or termination. An employee who is being discriminated against in the workplace due to pregnancy may have an action under New Jersey law.
With offices in Red Bank, New Jersey and Marlton, New Jersey, McOmber & McOmber has experience in representing employees who have been subjected to harassment and retaliation on the basis of pregnancy. Under the New Jersey Law Against Discrimination (NJLAD) and other federal statutes, your employer has a responsibility to prevent pregnancy discrimination and provide pregnant employees with reasonable accommodation. If you have been subjected to discrimination on the basis of your pregnancy or related medical conditions, your employer may be responsible to compensate you for economic damages and your pain and suffering.
Pregnancy discrimination can include a wide range of behaviors or mistreatment, including:
- Treating pregnant women differently, such as paying them less or failing to promote them
- Subjecting pregnant women to increased scrutiny, criticism and harassment, or otherwise making the workplace uncomfortable
- Verbal or physical abuse
- Refusing Pregnancy Leave or Time Off
- Changing responsibilities or demoting a pregnant employee
- Terminating or laying off a pregnant employee, or an employee who has recently had a child
The success of your pregnancy discrimination claim depends on many factors. At McOmber & McOmber, P.C., we will investigate the matter and provide you with a clear assessment of your claim. We will explore all legal options at your disposal. Our skilled Marlton employment lawyers will work decisively to help stop pregnancy discrimination and seek fair compensation for victims of discrimination.