Admitted in New Jersey and Pennsylvania
Mr. Luber joined McOmber McOmber & Luber, P.C. in February 2015 and is the managing partner of the firm’s Marlton, New Jersey office. Mr. Luber focuses his practice in the areas of employment law, business disputes, business law, and personal injury. Mr. Luber has tried numerous cases to verdict, frequently obtains six and seven-figure settlements for his employment-related clients, and has experience litigating cases in federal and state courts throughout the country. Mr. Luber has also successfully handled and settled wage and hour class actions and whistleblowers in health care fraud cases brought under the federal False Claims Act and the New Jersey False Claims Act.
He is licensed to practice law in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Mr. Luber has handled all aspects of employment litigation, including but not limited to, litigation involving alleged wrongful termination, discrimination, retaliation, as well as non-compete and whistleblower matters. Further, Mr. Luber currently serves as outside counsel for several businesses in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Chicago, and Washington D.C. Mr. Luber passionately advocates for his clients and prides himself on exceptional service.
Prior to joining McOmber McOmber & Luber, Mr. Luber was an associate at Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP, one of Philadelphia’s largest and most prestigious law firms. Mr. Luber’s practice focused on complex civil litigation and white-collar matters. He represented clients in high stakes civil litigation as well those facing government investigations and prosecutions initiated by state Attorneys General and the Department of Justice. Mr. Luber has represented corporate clients across a variety of industries (ranging from Fortune 500 multinational corporations to closely held companies) as well as individual owners, directors, and managers in contract and business-tort disputes, employment matters, product liability litigation, and consumer class actions brought in state and federal courts across the country. For example, Mr. Luber defended a global oil company in an underlying product liability lawsuit brought in Pennsylvania state court arising out of serious injuries sustained by an employee using machinery at a chemical plant and brought suit in a related indemnification action in federal court in New York. Mr. Luber represented a global pharmaceutical company in two separate mass-tort litigations brought in the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas deriving from injuries allegedly sustained by consumers who ingested prescription drugs. He has also represented manufacturers in federal court stemming from injuries sustained by workers exposed to asbestos. In addition, Mr. Luber has represented global telecommunications and software companies in nationwide class actions brought in state and federal court involving alleged deceptive and unfair trade practices and violations of various consumer protection laws. Further, Mr. Luber has represented various companies, executives, employees, and politicians in connection with civil and criminal litigation, federal and state grand jury proceedings, FBI investigations, whistleblower and qui tam matters, and insider trading litigation.
Mr. Luber received his bachelor’s degree in Law and Justice Studies from The College of New Jersey (“TCNJ”). While at TCNJ, Mr. Luber spent a semester with the late Hon. Clarence C. Newcomer, United States District Court Judge for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania and was the captain of TCNJ’s Men’s Varsity Soccer Team, a two-time Collegiate All American, and a candidate for ESPN The Magazine‘s Academic All-America Team. After college, Mr. Luber returned to Philadelphia and earned his Juris Doctor degree from Temple University Beasley School of Law. During law school, he litigated personal injury cases on behalf of the South Eastern Transportation Authority (SEPTA) and interned for the Hon. L. Felipe Restrepo, United States District Court Judge for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
Mr. Luber has spent his entire life in the South Jersey and Philadelphia area. After spending early childhood in Northeast Philadelphia, his parents Al and Maureen moved the Luber family to Delran, New Jersey. Mr. Luber graduated from Delran’s public high school where he participated on the school’s mock trial team. From a young age, Mr. Luber’s uncle, a longtime clerk at a federal court in Philadelphia, showed him around the courtroom and introduced him to some of the most respected lawyers and judges in the area. Those experiences, coupled with an inherent desire to help others, lead him to a career in law.
Mr. Luber currently lives in Medford, New Jersey with his wife Kimberly, a neonatal intensive care nurse, their daughter Victoria and son Leo. On weekends, you often find Mr. Luber on the soccer field, in the hockey rink, or scrambling his way through a golf course. He enjoys spending time with family, friends, and his dog Aubrey.
The Team at McOmber, McOmber and Luber are fantastic! Matt Luber is truly a brilliant lawyer along with Kelly E. Adler who negotiated my settlement. They are a no-nonsense, extremely professional, highly strategic, dedicated team of individuals that really care about you and your circumstances surrounding your case. They fight for you every step of the way and explain everything in detail so you are always in the loop. Their communication is stellar as you never have to wait on a response. I cannot recommend this team enough- If I could give them 10 stars I would. I am sincerely grateful to Matt and Kelly!
Matt Luber is an extremely caring and professional lawyer. He went above and beyond for my fiancé and I during a really tough situation. Throughout the whole process he kept us involved while also supporting us in our decisions. With his help we quickly received a resolution to our problem. I am very thankful that he was recommended to us and will continue to pass his name along! Thanks so much Matt!
Matt Luber and his law clerk, Tyler were so reassuring during a time of stress and anxiety. Professional and honest during the entire process. I am so happy I chose them to handle my case.
Matthew Luber handled our case in a very professional manner and got us the outcome we had hoped for. He acted professionally, diligently and conscientiously to help us to resolve our issue. I would use him again in a heartbeat, knowing that he and his team would work hard to get results. Thanks Matt!
Worked with Matt Luber and every step of the way he was helpful, considerate, responsive, and most importantly always made me felt he had my best interest first always. He made sure I always felt supported while always giving me his honest advise. I hope I never need his help again but if I do there is no other person/firm I would turn to. Thanks to him and his team!
McOmber and Luber in Red bank NJ is by far the most professional and knowledgable group I have come across. They advocated for me through a horrific employment case. Not only are they compassionate, but are clearly the “ good guys”. They did exactly what they promised, and I am eternally grateful! You are in good hands with Matt Luber and his team.
We established a trusting relationship with Matt Luber from our first meeting. His attention to detail, and constant contact let us know that our situation was never far from his mind. We are grateful for the support and belief of Matt, Armen, and Kelly during this extremely stressful process. We highly recommend the Firm, McOmber McOmber & Luber P.C.
Matthew and Armen are two of the best lawyers ever! They’re knowledgeable, experienced, and don’t settle for less! 🙂
Matt Luber did an incredible job for me- there is so simply no better lawyer in the state.
Couldn’t say enough good things about Matt & the entire firm! I mean, from the very beginning I was just treated with respect & taken seriously. Not to mention they lead me every step of the way! Quick, intelligent, and precise.. communication is everything with this stuff – bottom line.. the whole package! Thank you guys!!
Matt is top notch – my go to resource for anything labor, employment and discrimination related.
Primary Practice Areas
- Age Discrimination
- Business Law and Disputes
- Civil Litigation
- Disability Discrimination
- Employment Discrimination
- Employment Law
- Gender Discrimination
- Gender Identity Discrimination
- HIV and AIDS Discrimination
- LGBTQ Discrimination
- Personal Injury
- Pregnancy Discrimination
- Product Liability
- Sexual Harassment and Hostile Work Environment
- Transgender Discrimination
- Unemployment Compensation Appeals
In The News
- Matthew A. Luber & Meghan A. Clearie Represent Client In A Racial Discrimination Lawsuit Against Trenton Water Works
- Matthew Luber Represents Nurse Who Discovered & Reported Hospital Staff Improperly Administering Benadryl To Patients
- Matthew Luber Represents Costco Employees Who Received Sexually Explicit Texts From Their Manager
- Voorhees Diner to pay almost $400K in back wages, faces harassment suit
- Former employee accuses Burlington County housing advocate of sexual harassment
- RiverWinds Restaurant in West Deptford settles one lawsuit, faces another
- Nurse was fired for reporting child neglect, disgusting conditions at group homes, suit claims
- Exec: My bosses harassed, groped me at 1Oak night out
- Boss exposed himself to female employee in the workplace
- Bosses did nothing while worker in child welfare office harassed female employee
- Hundreds unpunished — Lakewood fraud insider says NJ authorities misled public
- Law firm sent Pulse victims on road trip with sex-hungry worker
- Republic Bank, expanding rapidly in SJ, could be Commerce clone
- Employee sues Virtua Hospital Marlton claiming retaliation.
- Former Students Sue Star Academy
- Riverwinds operator skimmed tips, new suit claims
- Ex-restaurant employees say they were sexually harassed by male owner
- Attorney Luber Represents Former Hostess of Local Restaurant in Sexual Harassment Lawsuit
- NJ Hospital Security Worker Alleges Sexual Harassment, Retaliation In Lawsuit
- Hospital employee says she was sexually harassed, punished for breastfeeding
- N.J. National Guard general fostered ‘environment of white supremacy,’ lawsuit says
- Pulse Nightclub Shooting Survivors Harassment Claims Upheld
- McOmber & McOmber Represents Victims of Pulse Shooting in Sexual Harassment Suit Against Law Firm
- Luber Represents Passenger Abandoned by Uber Driver in Fort Washington
- Passenger Brutally Assaulted by Uber Driver in Philadelphia