- Affectional or sexual orientation
- Age discrimination
- AIDS or HIV status
- Atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, or genetic information
- Breastfeeding / Pumping in the workplace
- Chronic illness discrimination
- Gender identity or expression
- Gender discrimination
- Liability for military service
- LGBTQ discrimination
- Marital status, domestic partnership or civil union status
- Mental or physical disability, or perceived disability
- Race, color, national origin, or ancestry
- Religious discrimination
- Sexual harassment
- Transgender Discrimination
Employers facing accusations of discrimination must also work closely with lawyers who can develop the strongest possible defenses to these claims. Our firm represents a wide range of employers to prevent, investigate, and defend discrimination claims.From our offices in Red Bank, New Jersey, or Marlton, New Jersey, we at McOmber & McOmber, P.C., have represented employees and employers throughout the state in employment discrimination matters in the workplace. Our lawyers are known for their ability to produce results and provide effective advocacy. Having handled cases for both employers and employees, we understand the specific tactical and strategic issues involved. With our depth and breadth of experience, we can anticipate likely challenges and work tirelessly to overcome them.
Employment Discrimination Attorney- Advocating To Protect Your Rights
Discrimination in the workplace can cover a broad spectrum of activity including:
- Termination or demotion based on membership in a protected class
- Failure to recruit or hire
- Differential treatment or pay
- Withholding training, promotions or career advancement
- Being subjected to harassment or increased scrutiny, which is known as a hostile workplace environment
- Terminating or disciplining an employee in retaliation for making a complaint
Whether you are an employer defending against such a claim, or an employee who has been subjected to discrimination, our employment discrimination lawyers in Marlton and Red Bank can take action. We will provide you with a clear and candid evaluation of any potential employment discrimination claims, as well as all legal options and recourse available to you.
Pregnancy And Medical Circumstances
Employers are increasingly held accountable for discrimination against pregnant women or employees dealing with medical situations. The New Jersey Law Against Discrimination (NJLAD) bars certain types of employment discrimination on the basis of pregnancy.
- Refusal to hire because of pregnancy status
- Discharging an employee because of pregnancy status
- Treating a pregnant employee in a manner less favorable the non pregnant employees with similar work abilities or inabilities
- Discriminating against an employee based on pregnancy-related disabilities
According to the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), which applies only to certain types of businesses, pregnant women’s jobs are to temporarily reserved during their maternity leave. Also, jobs are to be temporarily reserved for employees suffering from a medical condition or who have to take a leave to deal with specified family matters. Where applicable, the failure of a company to comply with the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) is a violation of employee rights. McOmber & McOmber is poised to assess your particular matter, to advise you on the applicable employment discrimination statutes, and to advocate tenaciously on your behalf.
Marlton Employment Discrimination Lawyers at McOmber & McOmber Represent Employees and Employers in Employment Discrimination Matters
If you are an employee or employer seeking representation for an employment discrimination matter, Marlton employment discrimination lawyers at McOmber & McOmber can advise you on employment law and your rights. Our offices are conveniently located in Red Bank and Marlton, New Jersey. Call us at (732)842-6500 to schedule and appointment or contact us online.